Tuesday, April 3, 2012

{an Easter gift}

I am so excited to share this post with you and with the Dear Lillie Easter Link Party!

Every Monday I meet with a fabulous group of ladies for some girl time. I thought this week I would bring a little Easter gift (that did not involve candy!).  


I had everything for the boxes already: pre-fabricated boxes from Paper Source, little brads, a black ink pad, Martha Stewart stamps, a stamp block, and Bic markers (I ended up not using the markers). 


Because I did not want to use any sort of grass or filler, I stamped the inside of the boxes for a little extra sweetness. I had some leftover tea lights in glass holders (all from Ikea), from a bridal shower I had given for a friend. They were tied with some perle cotton.


I made the white linen flower pins using an article from my favorite magazine, Life:Beautiful. This particular tutorial is from the Spring 2010 issue. (This is the only magazine I keep every issue of, and I would highly encourage you to look it up!!)


I love the results and think they would be darling as a place setting for an Easter get-together!!




This is a continuation of my  previous series, and is Project 3 in the lofty crafty goal. The only thing I purchased was one-half yard of white linen for the flowers: out-of-pocket expense: $5. Total time on this project: about 2 hours.

I am also linking up with the lovely Dear Lille and their Easter Link Party!!!

Dear Lillie's Easter Link Party


2 comments:

  1. Hi Laura! We are at the same party, Dear Lillie's. These little boxes are so darling! I love the flower on top. I can really use this idea for place settings. Happy Easter! Denise from english purple ribbon blogspot.

    ReplyDelete