Sunday, May 27, 2012

{in the good ol' summertime}

Whenever my husband and I are separated by the Marine Corps, I like to create a list of projects and goals for myself so that I can keep busy and not focus on the separation. Here is my list for this summer:

1. Work on JackJack's first birthday party! {theme: life is a beach}
2. Make a King-size quilt for my bed {pattern: chevrons}
3. Complete my scrapbooks!! {obviously this has been on the list for a while....}
4. Spend lots of time with my wonderful family {we're staying with them, so that shouldn't be a problem}
5. Design my line of Christmas decor and get it ready to sell come fall {think modern Christ-centered Christmas that isn't kitschy!}
6. Meet our new son at the end of summer {obviously this is the most exciting thing to happen this summer!}
7. Write a book? {something I have been toying with...we'll see, though}
8. Improve my photography skills {both taking shots and editing} 
9. Create photobooks using online companies to send to my husband {Paper Coterie is my favorite so far}
10. Meaningfully invest into others' lives through face-to-face encounters or handwritten notes or gifts {definitely need to work on this!}

2 comments:

  1. Love this "keep busy" list! Are you planning on selling on Etsy for the Christmas decor? What type of book are you interested in writing? I've always wanted to write, but alas... writer's block. :) Can't wait to see you "improved photography skills"! I've been hoping to improve mine. I've heard of online courses, but never taken any. Maybe something to look into?

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Melissa!

    Yep - keep tuned late summer for the opening of a new Etsy store I will be opening with my mama!

    I am thinking of writing a guide for the modern lady - but we'll see. :-)

    ReplyDelete