Friday, November 11, 2011

{remember with honor}


We ask a lot of those who wear our uniform. We ask them to leave their loved ones to travel great distances, to risk injury, even to be prepared to make the ultimate sacrifice of their lives. They are dedicated. They are honorable. They represent the best of our country, and we are grateful.
-President George W. Bush - 02 OCT 01


Today we went to a local restaurant that was giving dinners to those with active or retired military IDs. Walking into the lobby full of strangers was like walking into a room full of friends. All of the older women smiled at me holding my little baby...the men shared what branch of service they had served in...to me, to us, just starting this life, just starting the hardest journey of our lives, it was so sweet to be encouraged by women who know my fears, my heartaches, my tears in the middle of the night, my pride, my love for one man, my love for my country, my obedience to my God, and my determination to live this life well. 

My husband is not a veteran, yet...he has not served in combat...but when he does, I am encouraged to know that I am in the company of the best of our country. 

No comments:

Post a Comment