Thursday, November 10, 2011

{semper fi and happy birthday}

Today is the United States Marine Corps' birthday. It's pretty special to be a part of this family, even if it is just by marriage. I didn't swear an oath of allegiance and service to the Corps, but four years ago today, I said, "yes" to his "will you?" {Yes, I am that much of a Marine Corps Hard Core wife, that I got engaged on the Corps' birthday}. And then, 4 months later, I made a covenant with God and my husband. And so, by de facto, I joined the Corps.

I was talking to a friend who is marrying a service member - and had to speak the hard truth: it is harder to be the one who stays than the one who goes. But it is good. I love my Marine. I love my country. I love our friends who serve.

Semper Fidelis...and Happy Birthday to all Marines, past and present, and their Families.

No comments:

Post a Comment