Friday, September 16, 2011

{convicted}

I am up very early (for me) today to spend some time with my little one before starting my third day at my new job...it is going to become a work-from-home job, but this week I have to go in - and, man, have I been missing my favorite little dude! But this is just a side note...

Lately I have been feeling very convicted...and I am wondering how fast I can learn this lesson so God can stop trying to teach it to me. :-) My dear friend, Glenda, blogged a series on "30 things to do when you are in a rough patch" just as I got stuck in a rough patch. And then the sermon last Sunday was also about faith in difficult times. And, of course, little snippets of conversations here and there have also convicted me about my attitude...yeesh...guess it's time for a big attitude adjustment!

My husband just got his unofficial notice that we will be moving to the opposite end of the country with the Marine Corps in April. I have been expecting/dreading this news since we got married 3 1/2 years ago. And now we finally have a sort-of-for-sure timeline (nothing with the Marine Corps is for sure until it's actually happening). And I am petrified. And I need a big-time attitude adjustment. Worrying about the future now is just going to detract from the special time I have now with family and friends. Time to focus on the present!! That's hard for me, though. It's hard to get my brain to not think about a million and one things, and just think about what is going on in this moment.

Well, gang, time for me to start my day and learn this lesson already!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh ick! I sure understand the fear...but is there any chance you can look at this as a new adventure? (I know--easier said than done!) What an opportunity to learn about and explore a different part of our country! And just think of the visitors, and the fun showing them your new home!!

    I'll be praying as you make all these adjustments--job, move, and living far from family. In the meantime, treasure the moments you have. :)

    ReplyDelete