Wednesday, September 21, 2011

{remembering: part two}

Today I would like to remember how wise Joe was. I have many snippets of wisdom stored in my heart that Joe shared with me through the years that I knew him.

Joe hanging out in my favorite park
I would like to share just one: there was a time in college when a few not-so-nice things were said to me about me that were very hurtful {shocking, I know: gossip in a group of young college students}. Joe pulled me aside and I just remember him saying that the best way to react to something like that would be to make sure that my actions did not reflect others' words. If you are above reproach in character, untrue words won't go very far among those who know you.

I think that is a very important thing to remember. Make sure that your reputation is, well, reputable. Joe's character was reputable, and he was loved and respected among all his peers and the parents of all his peers.

No comments:

Post a Comment