Friday, September 23, 2011

{remembering: part three}

In the day of emails, texts, tweets, facebook posts, and blog posts, it is easy to forget to make a meaningful impact in someone's life. While those instant media channels of communication are fun, there is nothing like an in-person conversation with a dear friend, or a hug from someone you haven't seen in a long time, or a hand-written letter or phone call to a loved one you can't see in person, or even a smile from an acquaintance or stranger.

Today, I want to share with you the way that I remember my friend Joe every day:

Jack - 10 weeks old
This is obviously not a picture of Joe like the previous posts remembering Joe - it's a picture of my son, Jack. My husband and I knew the moment we found out Jack was going to be himself {namely: a boy} what his middle name would be: Joseph. We chose to remember our friend in our son's name.

Make sure to impact those around you in a meaningful way, and remember to honor those you cannot be with in a meaningful remembrance.

1 comment:

  1. That is a darling picture. He looks so much like you, Laura.

    ReplyDelete